CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
It is ACURIL’s interest to stimulate and stand out the highest performance of information professionals in the Caribbean, members of the organization. The prestige of the ACURIL Awards Program rests upon its members. ACURIL urges you to take some time to reflect on the accomplishments and contributions of your colleagues in the field, and actively participate in this program. Nature of the Award: A plaque and citation.
Deadline to submit nominations for Acurilean Information Professional Stars,
is April 15 of each year to:
ACURILEAN AWARDS, Executive Secretariat Headquarters, email@example.com
Announcements will be made on April 30, 2017
Awards will be bestowed at ACURIL 2017 PUERTO RICO,
on the Red Carpet Evening,
Closing Ceremony and Banquet, Thursday, 8 June 2017,
at the Condado Plaza Hilton Hotel, in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Nominees for the award must meet the following criteria:
1. Well defined accomplishments and contributions in the information field through a special project.
2. Innovation and creativity elements observed in strategies used in a project’s design and implementation to better serve a particular clientele or the information field as a whole.
3. The impact on the particular clientele served evidenced by the outcome observed.
4. Evidence that the project developed can serve as a model with potential to be adapted by other libraries and information units.
Colleagues nominating a candidate must elaborate and submit a Microsoft Word document with the following parts.
1. Application Cover Sheet with the following information:
1.2 Title of the Category
1.3 Name of the colleague being nominated
1.4 Local Address (City, Country, Zip code)
1.5 Telephone ; Fax
1.6 e-mail ; Webpage (if any)
1.7 Names of two (2) ACURIL members submitting the nomination; local addresses; telephone numbers ; fax; e-mails
Part B. Description
Please do not exceed 8 total pages, double spaced, typed preferably in word processor, using Microsoft word, at least 12 point type, with the following elements:
1. Description of the exemplary accomplishment(s) of the nominee and the impact observed.
2. Identification and description of research projects and creative activities conducted for the benefit of different clienteles at the information units in which he or she serves.
3. Identify innovative and creative strategies observed in projects or creative activities carried out.
4. Pinpoint leadership competencies in the professional performance,
5. Achievements (Describe outcomes and impact; and elements that evidence Effectiveness and Success in the field). Include photos, in color, high resolution, jpg format)
Part C. Appendices (that might contribute to the presentation)
1. The application and all supporting documents, one original, with one copy (in paper), and one(1) copy as electronic document – by e-mail attachment, must be received at the ACURIL’s Executive Secretariat. ADDRESSED TO: ACURIL AWARDS [YEAR], Executive Secretariat , c/o P.O. Box 23317, UPR Station, San Juan, P.R.00931- firstname.lastname@example.org
2. In years where there are a number of outstanding applications, two entries may be given meritorious mention.
3. All Awards will be bestowed at the Red Carpet Evening, ACURILEAN EVENING OF AWARDS Closing Ceremony, on Thursday, 8 June 2017, at the Condado Plaza Hilton Hotel in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Name of Nominee: ________________________________________________________
(Must be an ACURIL member in good standing)
Local Address: ___________________________________________________________
Telephone No.:( )_______________________ _______________________________
Fax ( )_______________________________________________________________
Description of accomplishments in and contributions to the information field as indicated in Part B.
Include RESUME and professional photo (in color, high resolution, in jpg format)
Nomination must be submitted by 2 ACURIL Members:
First Name and surname:______________________________________________________________