CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
ACURIL announces the Caribbean Information Professional of the Year Award
in order to recognize and honor the individual commitment, excellence in performance,
and outstanding professional achievement of an information specialist
(librarian, archivists, documentalists, etc.) in the Caribbean,
members of ACURIL (in any of the linguistic areas:
English, French, Spanish or Dutch).
It is ACURIL’s interest to stimulate and stand out the highest performance of information professionals in the Caribbean, members of the organization.
Nature of the Award: The ACURILEANA, The Medal of Excellence, a plaque and citation
The Award will be bestowed at
ACURIL 2017 PUERTO RICO on the Red Carpet Evening,
Closing Ceremony and Banquet, Thursday, 8 June 2017,
at the Condado Plaza Hilton Hotel, in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Nominees for the award must meet the following criteria:
1. Well defined accomplishments and contributions in the information field.
2. Innovation, creativity and leadership elements observed in his or her performance in the information field as a whole.
3. The impact observed of the particular endeavor on the clientele served and the information field.
4. Evidence that accomplishments can serve as a model for others in the information field.
Colleagues nominating a candidate must elaborate and submit a Microsoft Word document with the following parts.
1. Application Cover Sheet with the following information:
1.2 Title of the Category
1.3 Name of the colleague being nominated
1.4 Local Address (City, Country, Zip code)
1.5 Telephone ; Fax
1.6 e-mail ; Webpage (if any)
1.7 Names of two (2) ACURIL members submitting the nomination; local addresses; telephone numbers ; fax; e-mails
Part B. Description.
Please do not exceed 10 total pages, double spaced, typed preferably in word processor, using Microsoft word, at least 12 point type, with the following elements:
1. Description of the exemplary accomplishment(s) of the nominee and the impact observed.
2. Identification and description of research projects and creative activities conducted for the benefit of different clienteles at the information units in which he or she serves.
3. Identify innovative and creative strategies observed in projects or creative activities carried out.
4. Pinpoint leadership competencies in the professional performance,
5. Achievements (Describe outcomes and impact; and elements that evidence Effectiveness and Success in the field). Include photos, in color, high resolution, jpg format)
Part C. Appendices (that might contribute to the presentation)
1. The application and all supporting documents, one original, with one copy (in paper), and one(1) copy as electronic document – by e-mail attachment, must be received at the ACURIL’s Executive Secretariat. ADDRESSED TO: ACURIL AWARDS [YEAR], Executive Secretariat , c/o P.O. Box 23317, UPR Station, San Juan, P.R.00931- email@example.com
2. In years where there are a number of outstanding applications, two entries may be given meritorious mention.
3. All Awards will be bestowed at the Red Carpet Evening, ACURILEAN EVENING OF AWARDS Closing Ceremony, on Thursday, 8 June 2017, at the Condado Plaza Hilton Hotel in San Juan, Puerto Rico.